Happy New Year! I hope you all had a wonderful start to 2017. How did you welcome the year? I'm not a party person so it was a quiet affair for me. I stayed at home with my dearest and stuffed myself with a cake :)
I feel that this time of the year is a period when we are bombarded with a lot of 'new year, new you' messages that put us under pressure to strive for perfection. Hence, we often set ourselves with unrealistic New Year's resolutions that we end up breaking 2 or 3 weeks later.
To be honest I'm not the biggest fan of typical resolutions. After all I know I'm not going to go to the gym or give up chocolate. I love chocolate so much that I can eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner [insert cheeky emoji].
Instead of putting lofty expectations on the entire year, I've looked back at the past 12 months and mapped a list of adjustable intentions and goals. Some of them are easier to achieve than others so I'm definitely not going to beat myself up if something doesn't work out. So what do I hope to do, feel and achieve in 2017? The list starts here...
1. Be kind to myself
2. Accept every moment (everything happens for a reason after all)
3. Laugh more
4. Step out of my comfort zone (this includes attending more blogger events)
5. Follow my dreams to become a #girlboss even if they seem silly (stay tuned as I hope to announce something within the next few months)
6. Work harder on growing IZPROJECT (I started my jewellery shop 2 years ago but didn't have enough time to focus on it due to full-time job/blog and other commitments)
7. Grow my blog (I still can't believe how far I've gone)
8. Meet new people (this is a real challenge as I feel that when you are an adult, it is more tricky to meet new people you can socialise with)
9. Try and get my sleeping pattern back to what it was
10. Learn how to code (I'm so excited to start my coding class next week. It will hopefully help me achieve goal #5)