As January is the month of new beginnings, it's the time when many of us embark on a job search in a bid to change something about our lives.
Unfortunately job hunt is not always easy. While there may be a few lucky people out there who receive job offers right off the bat, the rest of us need to submit countless applications before our search comes into fruition.
As I quite enjoy making lists, today I wanted to share with you a few thoughts I had while I was job hunting. It was a very disheartening process but I made it in the end. So if your goal this year is to get a new job, I want you to know that you CAN'T GIVE UP. The right job will find you. And don't forget to check my old post here if you're unsure about what to wear to an interview.
1. Will I ever get a job?
2. Is someone actually reading my application?
3. I've seen a new advert but shall I bother again?
4. How many CVs do I need to send before someone invites me for an interview?
5. There're so many other things I'd rather do now.
6. I want to go shopping. Wait...I don't have any money left.
7. If someone asks me one more time how's my job search going, I'm going to shout.
8. Daytime TV is boring.
9. Is my degree worth anything?
10. Maybe I'm lucky that I don't have to use public transport at peak times.