Although January hasn't started yet, some shops have already started tempting us to spend more money. Don't they know we have just spent a fortune on gifts for our family and friends?
Christmas and January sales can really put a strain on your budget. On one hand, you feel guilty about spending money on yourself. On the other hand, you could really do with another dress or pair of shoes. After all, it's an investment as you will be wearing them throughout the year.
We can't deny that January sales are the best time to inject something new to our wardrobe. However, before we embark on a shopping trip, we should think carefully about what we want to achieve.
With this in mind, today I wanted to share with you 7 top tips to help you shop the sales like a pro.
2. If you're planning to do your shopping online, check the retailer's terms and conditions to see if they have restrictions in place on returning sale items.
3. Check out the loyalty schemes at your favourite shops. Sometimes they entitle you to shop the sales before they're open to the general public.
4. Join the mailing lists of your favourite retailers. You will be the first one to know about the upcoming sale.
5. Dress for the sales. Wear slip-on shoes and minimal layers so it's easy to get in and out of clothes in a changing room.
6. Invest in the classics. Add one of the timeless items to your wardrobe as they will never go out of style.